FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What type of photos do you take?
· Ours is a home-based practice specializing in the portraiture of newborns and toddlers. Our practice is limited to sessions that take place in my home where we use backgrounds and props to create a studio environment. Sorry, we do not do parties.
What is a session?
· A session or sitting is a period of time during which we capture you/your child in various poses, using different backdrops, props and lighting. This cache of raw images will be professionally processed and edited to yield the best portraits within the set before they are presented to you. For newborns and young children, a session typically takes 2 – 3 hours.
Can you shoot outside the studio?
- We do not offer services outside the studio.
How do I book a session?
· You can request a session by clicking on “Request a Session” in the left navigation bar. Please include your full name, address, phone, the age range/type of photos you are interested in —for newborn, please include your due date. We will contact you to discuss available dates. Once an appointment is agreed upon, you will receive an invoice for your deposit fee of $15. This is a non-refundable booking deposit to hold your date. Payments on this invoice can be made by bank transfer or credit/debit card. Once your payment is received, we will book your appointment into our calendar.
How far in advance should I book my session?
· Newborn sessions yield the best results within the first 14 days after birth. You may book your session anytime during your pregnancy. Of course, babies sometimes come on their own schedule, so the booking date is tentative, and can be moved if your baby is early or late. Keep in contact with us and let us know if changes need to be made.
· Parents looking for birthday photos in time for a party need to book early enough to allow for processing and editing time. The earlier you book, the more likely you are to get an appointment date that is most convenient for you.
How do I pay?
· When you confirm a date with us, we'll email you an invoice for a $15 deposit fee. This fee is non-refundable and is require to lock in your appointment date. You can pay by bank transfer, credit or debit card.
· The remaining balance is due on the day of your session. We accept cash, check or money order. If you prefer to pay online, please note that an addition fee of 8% convenience fee will be added to your total.
How do I view and download my images?
· When your images are ready, you will receive a link to your own private gallery on our site containing all available images as watermarked proofs. At the bottom of the page is a form for you to let us know which images and prints you choose, plus any additional digitals you'd like to purchase (you will be billed separately for additional purchases). Once you choose your images, your gallery will we updated with the clean, unmarked images available for you to download.
How long will it take until my images are available for?
· Image processing and editing typically takes 4 – 6 weeks.
Please wait until at least 4 weeks have passed before making an inquiry if you have not heard from us.
Didn't answer your question? Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org